Basic rules for the contests are:
For Nov. and Dec. 2002. I have had to think a bit. Christmas is the clear choice for the Christian world. But that doesn't give enough flexibility to other worlds. Hmm... or does it? Let's say the story has to center about the winter holiday season.
All winter holidays will be welcomed. The solstice. The New Year. The winter festival. However you want to name it. I can hear the Druids already! Asteroid Miners at apogee waiting for the long day to begin. The chants of the Ancient Ones. The Egyptians with their Pyramids. Santa Claws on Mars. Christmas in Hell, Or..... Well, that's up to you!
* * *For Sept. and Oct. 2002. The topic is a natural for the final date of the contest, Halloween tricks and treats! That's right, trick or treat night. It has to happen on the night itself. A night of tricks, or treats! Who gets tricked and who gets treats? That would be up to you!
* * *For July and August 2002 The topic was "Underwater" The story had to have some or even all of it take place underwater. It could be a habitat on the ocean floor. Perhaps on the water filled moon of Jupiter? The oceans of another world?
* * *ForMay and June 2002 We had something new in mind. We have given you "topics" to work with before. How about an "idea" to work with? Click this link. See the picture? Write the story.........(Courtesy of our "links" page of artists)
* * *ForMarch and April 2002 We offered the following question; Why did the__________? cross the _________? This could be as simple as the chicken crossing the road. Or as complex as a species crossing a galaxy. Have fun!
* * *For January and Febuary 2002 The topic was Black Holes. Black holes of different sizes, intelligent black holes, living in a black hole, sports in a black hole, politically correct commentary in a "light-challenged" hole.